I cannot believe how busy I've been -- so my apologies for the long absence from blogging! I wanted to share a variation of a matchbook project that Stampin' Up shared in our demonstrator magazine in April. Their versions had an added gusset on the fold so it would hold Post-it notes -- I adjusted it with no gusset, just a normal fold, and it holds cash or a gift card. Perfect for all the graduations or weddings this summer.
This is the outside above and there is a lot of retiring items on display -- available through May 31 only. That's Pear Pizzaz card stock and twill ribbon. The border punch used is the Eyelet -- also retiring! The elegant background stamp used with black ink and then embossed over with the polka dot embossing folder is called Elizabeth -- my favorite retiring stamp that is a single stamp.
From this side angle you can tell a couple of details: first, the punched out oval with the words "Happy Graduation" (from Teeny Tiny Wishes -- which is NOT retiring) -- look closely and you can see a light Pear Pizzazz pattern in the background stamped with a frilly stamp from Clearly for You -- before the words were stamped over that and punched out. Layering it on a scallop black oval is perfect.
The inside flap is help in place with staples near each end hidden by the ribbon -- but you can also just use mini glue dots, placing them far enough apart so that your cash or gift card will fit down in the shallow pocket. When I use these with a gift card, I like to put one glue dot on the back of the card to hold it nice and secure. I did add a little punched flower to this version -- an add-on since my May clubs made these.
Here are the measurements for my card version:
Matchbook Card: Start with 5½” by 9¼” card stock
• With card stock HORIZONTAL in Simply Scored, score at 3½” and 7¾”
• Stamp design on front; emboss just front flap with embossing folder
• Punch edge of flap with Eyelet punch; adhere 1” by 5½” black accent strip underneath
• Staple flap in place, making sure front flap will fit inside (Staples will be about in the middle of the flap. Ribbon will cover the staples.)
• One mini glue dot on the back of your gift card ensures it stays in the pocket
Here are measurements for the ones with gussets that can hold sticky notes -- the size is based on the size of the Post-Its:
Sticky Note Holder Version
• 4" x 6" Post-Its (matchbook opens at right edge)
11-1/2" x 6-1/4" card stock; scored at 4-1/4", 4-1/2", 9-1/2"
• 3" x 3" Post Its (matchbook opens at lower edge)
9-1/4" x 3-1/8" card stock; Scored at 3-3/8", 3-3/4", 7-3/4"
• 2" x 1-1/2" Post Its (matchbook opens at lower edge)
6" x 2-1/4" card stock; Scored at 2-1/8", 2-1/2", 5"
I'll be back very soon with a version of these that uses all new items from the catalog that starts June 1, featuring the new In Color Midnight Muse.